Blogs, Books and Podcasts (technically listening, I know)
Blogs and Privacy¶
Another article by the same blog The transit system here is better than in my country
Can I add support for web mentions and other distributed web items? What about metadata/microdata
Unfortunately, I don't remember the article where I first found out about microdata
Internet bubbles are real... I want to do things to surface that blogs aren't dead
Another article Testing PicoCMS
Overall, the blog is both an interesting perspective and a blog I'd like to keep up with
Woo! I think?
As an institution I certainly trust the New York Times more than vague 3rd party ad companies, and I'm tempted to ask them to fill out my demographics correctly. On the flip side, I still don't think I want ads targeted to me. I'm not sure targeted ads would be any more useful to me. Maybe it's a trade off, where I'd trade a little of my personal info as a reward for the company taking a nice step, although I don't get to trade back my info at any point so I'm not sure it's a trade and more of a giveaway.
Reverse Engineering a Microcontroller¶
Microprocessors, reverse engineering, cool microscope pics
Another article on decapping a power chip
The Intelligent Investor¶
- Chapter 8 - Mr Market
- Chapter 9 - Mutual Funds
Probably the vegetables of my reading recently
I've heard AvE discuss this, but damn this is a short list for a long list of brands
Fascinating. I still enjoy SimCity and I liked learning about its history.
- Unsheltered In Place
- Masking for a Friend
- The Smell of Concrete After Rain
- The Natural Experiment
- I found this one interesting because I thought that the experiments were quite interesting. Also, I had this urge to find the positive experiences during a challenging time.
- Nature is recovering
- Articles of Interest 7
- Articles of Interest 8
- My gut reaction was to double down on my dislike of the fashion industry...
- Hold That Space
- This got me thinking about relationships and family. It's probably not the best guide, but the stories about family and relationships and making the best with what you have on the show have reminded me to do the best that I can.
- Sorry Means Nothing
- I had a lot of trouble with this one and I still haven't finished it
Over the Road¶
Overall, I find the series interesting. I spent some time working for a trucking company so I got to know a little bit about it, but there's still so much more to learn about a group of people who I've seen but not had a chance to talk to.
- The Biggest Tailgate in Trucking
- Why We Drive
- Brief Update From the Road
- I was interested to hear from a trucker directly about how COVID was affecting him and his family.
- A Brief History of Trucking in America
- This was interesting, I'd definitely like to hear a more detailed history, especially if they're able to continue to tell it from people who are connected to the story.
- Three Stops in Kentucky
- I want to stop here (pick any of the three or probably all three places)
- Update From the Road April 14
- Kindness yay!
- Back Home
- Our Punjabi Brothers
- I enjoyed hearing this story. It also gave me a chance to reflect on how we can help each other
- It also reminded me of this New York Times story about Balvinder Singh Saini and Mansi Tiwari serving food for truckers